Universitas Brawijaya conducted another AQAS international accreditation visitation for the fifth time. This international accreditation institution based in Germany conducts an assessment of study programs with an outcome based education (OBE) approach.
The cultural science cluster international accreditation visitation was held online for 3 days on 5, 6, and 8 September 2022 to assess two study programs at the Faculty of Cultural Sciences, namely:
- Bachelor Program of Fine Arts
- Bachelor Program of Anthropology
Visitation activities This online event began with a welcoming meeting with university leaders consisting of the Chancellor, Vice Chancellor, Head of Institution, Director of the Directorate of Administration and Academic Services, Dean and Deputy Dean of FCS, Head of Department and Chair of PS at FCS.
The activity which was divided into several sessions involved stakeholders consisting of students, graduates, lecturers, and representatives of graduate users.
This visit involved 4 expert panels, 2 consultants, and participants consisting of representatives of cultural science education practitioners, labor market representatives, student representatives, and representatives of cultural science alumni. The expert panels and AQAS consultants are:
- Prof. Dr. Keum Hyun Kim, University of Malaya (Malaysia), Department of Asian & European Languages, Faculty of Languages & Linguistics
- Jörg Obergfell, Trier University of Applied Sciences, Department of Art and Design
- Karina Tungari, Illustrator & Graphic Designer, Hamburg, Germany (labor market representative)
- Ribal Zeitouni, Technische Universität Berlin, Culture and Technology (student representative), and:
- Ronny Heintze and Vi Le (Consultant AQAS)
In general, AQAS international visitation assesses several things, namely the suitability of the quality of inputs, processes, outputs, and outcomes of study programs. The internationalization of this study program is a university program included in the strategic plan of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology which will increase the competitiveness, reputation, and ranking of Universitas Brawijaya at the world level. The criteria applied by AQAS and became a reference in the implementation of the online visitation resulted in feedback that was delivered on the last day of the AQAS visitation, namely in the feedback session to Universitas Brawijaya.